FACULTY OF SOCIAL & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Summary of Academic Profile:
Dr. Chioma Nwokoro graduated from University of Leicester UK, in 2016 and upon coming back to Nigeria she was employed as a Lecturer in the then Eastern Palm University (Now K.O Mbadiwe University Imo state). Dr. Nwokoro has acquired professional experiences and prowess in both Development and Academic sectors. She has published extensively and engaged in collaborative works in universities in Nigeria, UK, US and South Africa. She is member of board of editors of five international journals (UK, US, S/A) and Co Editor in Gender Questions - A journal published bi-annually by the Institute of Gender Studies University of South Africa. She is open to any innovational collaboration that relate to her area of interest both in international and national capacities. Chioma's academic prowess is evident in her passion for continual development of self through any valuable opportunity and research collaboration. She is presently a lecturer in the department of Sociology in KO Mbadiwe University Imo state.
I am interested on Development Studies which include:- Gender, women studies, Organized Civil Society/ Diaspora Philanthropy/international Aid and Civil Society Organizations, Security, Peace and Conflict studies, Gender and Crime, Environmental and Rural Sociology, and Feminism.
Citation(s) of Published Articles:
Nwokoro, C, and Chima, F. (2021). Gender Equality, Nonviolence and Peace Building: A Systematic Review. Journal of Social Development Reviews USA, Vol. 7 (4)
- Nwokoro, C., Chima, F, Ohuawunwa, I, Emina, W, Nwadinobi, G., Nweyilobi, L. (2020). Re-conceptualizing Women’s Vulnerabilities in Developing World: A Relational Autonomy Approach. International Journal of Social Sciences, USA, Vol. 7 (3), pp.14-23.
- Nwokoro, C, Chima, F., Enobakhare, E., Roberts, O., and Eze, E. (2020). Exploratory Study of Economic and Socio-Cultural Challenges Facing Indigenous Groups, AID Organizations and Widows in Rural Nigeria: Empowerment Perspective. International journal of Humanities and Social Science Review (USA).Vol 6 (1), pp.21-39
- Nwokoro, C., Enobarkhare, E. Ubelejit-nte, A, Chima, F and Uchem, O. (2020).Advancing English Language Education Policy in Consideration of Multilingualism on National Integration in Nigeria. Journal of Education and Social Policy (USA), Vol7 (1), pp181-187. http://doi:10.30845/jesp.v7n1p2
- Nwokoro, C. and Igwe, P. (2019). A Cultural-institutional Perspective of Widows’ Empowermentin Rural Nigeria. University of South Africa’s Gender Questions, Vol. 7 (1), https://doi.org/10.25159/2412-8457/71115.
- Ubelejit-Nte, A., Nwokoro C. and Chima, F. (2019). Conceptual Considerations in Framing Sexist Hateful Words and Actions in Nigeria: The Paradox of Women Exclusion in Development. American International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, USA, 5 (4), pp.7-166.
- Igwe, P., Nwokoro, C., Okolie U. (2019). Towards a Responsible Entrepreneurship Education and the future of the workforce. Elsevier's Journal of Management Education. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijme.2019.05.001
- Abiara, I, Nwokoro,C, and Chima, F. (2019) –Integration of ICT Competencies in Business Education in Colleges of Education in the South East of Nigeria. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, Vol. 9 (1), pp.20-28. doi:10.30845/ibht.v9n1p3 8.
- Nwokoro, C. and Ogba, F. (2018). Widows: Moving from Vulnerability to Empowerment in South East Nigeria. Science Direct Elsevier’s Women’s studies International Forum. Vol 72, pp56-64.9.
- Nwokoro, C. and Chima, F. (2018). Evaluation of Impact of Unsustainable Agricultural Practices on Resource management in Ogoni Nigeria. International Journal of education and Social Sciences. 4(4).
- Nwokoro, C.and Chima, F. (2018). Consideration for Integration of Religion in Advancing Human Development Initiatives and Policies, International Journal of Education and Social Science, 5 (1), pp 28-37
- Nwokoro, C.and Ossai, I. (2018). Civil Society as Third Sector of the Society. Journal of Humanities and Social Policy, 4 (1), pp1-12
- Nwokoro, C., Chima, F, and Ossai, I. (2018). Review of Salient Version of Global Civil Society Emergence. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Emergence. 4 (3), pp. 29-26.13.
- Nwokoro, C. and Chima, F. (2017). The Impact of Environmental Degradation on Agricultural Production and Poverty in Rural Nigeria. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, Vol. 7 (2), pp. 6-1414.
- Nwokoro, C (2017). Assessing the Distinctiveness of Faith Based Organization in Development Sector in Nigeria. International Journal of Humanities and Social Policy, Vol 3 (2), pp 1-1615
- .Nwokoro C. (2017). Employee Commitment in Organizations. Journal of Social Science and Management Research, Vol 3 (4), pp 1-716.
- Nwokoro C. (2017). Theoretical Perspectives of Empowering Vulnerable widows in Nigeria. International Journal of Public Administration and Social Welfare Research, Vol 2 (1) pp. 22-38
- Nwokoro, C. (2018) A Feminist Approach to Social Service Delivery by aid organizations in Rural Nigeria, In Farazmand, A. (Ed.) Global Encyclopaedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance. Springer Nature, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-31816-5_3514-1
- Nwokoro, C. (2021). Women, Peace and Non-Violence Change. In Nwakanma, E (ed.)
- Igwe, P and Nwokoro C. (2018) Open Innovation System and Entrepreneurship: A case study of the Offshore Renewable Energy. Presented at the 42nd International Academic Conference, 10th to 13th September 2018 in Rome, Italy. Doi:10.20472/iac.2018.042.021
- Nwokoro, C. and Igwe, P. (2019) Economic, Institutional and Cultural Perspectives of Women’s Empowerment in Rural Nigeria. Presented at the 3rd Development Economic Conference, 17th to 19th June 2019 in the University of Lincoln UK.
- Agilebu, D and Nwokoro, C (2019) National Identity Crisis and Sustainable Food Security in Nigeria. The Niger delta Experience presented at the Faculty of management and Social Sciences International Conference from 25th to 27th June 2019 at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi state
Director - Eastern Palm (Now K.O Mbadiwe University) University Consult
Secretary - Faculty Curriculum Development Committee
Coordinator - Department of Sociology Social Science Reading Club
Student Advisor - Sociology Department